Tuesday, January 22, 2019

We're BAAAACK

I'm sorry to have been away for so long. Much has happened. One big sad event was the loss of Skootch. I dearly loved my old kitty - he was over 18 years old - and I just couldn't bring myself to write or blog about it. Perhaps at some point I will do a Skootch tribute, which he richly deserves. I went through a lot of changes in my life even before losing the kitty. I still have Louie and Wilbur, and they are wonderful kits. They keep me company AND they keep me on my toes! The best thing to happen in my life has been my exploration of ceramics. About 4 years ago I started taking clay classes and I became addicted to going to the clay studio. I started out by doing lots of cat imagery on my dishes (surprise surprise!), and I have now expanded my imagery to include other animals (coyotes, rabbits, antelope and jaguars) and have expanded my forms to include bowls, sculpture and vases. I now have a ceramics web site, which I will list as a link on this site.I will try to start posting again here as time permits. Louie and Wilbur still have quite a lot to say.  

14 comments:

  1. We were just thinking of you the other day and are glad to see this post! We're so sorry to hear about Skootch--what a terrible loss. :-( Our mom would love to get into ceramics but instead will visit your site and drool in envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just visited your site--your works are just wonderful!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about Skootch. I lost my Sam, who was 17, end of September. Good cats never live long enough (and they're all good cats).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Angel Skootch; Rest In Peace.
    I feel fortunate to have silently followed your artwork, and I wish you buckets of success, but it’s not luck; you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear about Skootch. He was a very handsome boy and will surely be missed! Your art work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the loss of Skootch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for checking in! I'm so sorry bout Skootch. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sad news about Skootch. Good to see you, though and hope the response to your ceramics creativity does well. We'll be headed over to your site. - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to see you and we're sure sorry to hear about dear Skootch. I lost 4 of my sisters in the past year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sad to hear about Skootch but am so happy you found ceramics and are loving it so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my heart breaks at the loss of Skootch, I am so very sorry

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to read about your sweetie Skootch.
    Though, I'm tickled to see you are baaaack!
    I've been admiring your artistic endeavors through your Facebook photos. So lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so sorry to learn of Skootch's passing. Please know we are thinking of you and sending light and all good thoughts. We ARE happy to see you posting again, and glad that Louie and Wilbur are doing well. Your ceramics are beautiful; looking forward to seeing the new website!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see you back! Since you went away, we lost Sei-Chan and Tommy, but we also have a new puppy, Ollie.

    ReplyDelete