Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Three Bad Kittehs

Three bad kittehs is right! So, Skootch peeing on the rug was very upsetting. I recently had to have all of my rugs cleaned. That particular rug carried extra emotional meaning, since it had belonged to my dear parents. For a number of years Skootch had been on Prozac for "inappropriate marking behavior" when Lucy was alive. I had gradually weaned him off of it, and it had been a couple of years of no marking, but that has come to an end, obviously. Skootch is now back on Prozac.

Louie is determined that I get up when HE is ready, and he has been quite successful in dismantling the lampshade on my lovely [grandfather's] cloisonne lamp. It is on the other side of the room from the bed, so I have to get out of bed and chase him away from it. At that point he jumps onto the warm spot of the bed that I had just vacated, purring and showing me his soft belly. 
Normally, Wilbur is the "good" kitty in the morning. He lets Louie do all the bad stuff. But I think he was inspired by Louie's shenanigans and decided to get in on the fun.

19 comments:

  1. Louie sounds like my Audrey. Things fly off tables on a regular basis. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if winter boredom has set in already. Mom says she'll trade you your three naughty cats for all of us naughty cats. We can't believe she'd really do it. At least we hope she wouldn't. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry 'bout your rug, and that lamp thing! Glad you have posted, love the drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about all the shenanigans! But they do make great blog fodder when one is a talented artist!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried Cat Attract Litter? Tis expensive but really works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louie reminds me of Cody...when he doesn't get treats or his meal fast enough he chews on envelopes, the leaves on his cat tree, plastic, ANYTHING he can get his mouth on. The result? His mouth is swollen and pink...normally I would call the Vet for Pred, but I am not yet....since I know what is causing it. So sorry about the rug too! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. That *almost* sounds like here! Well, except for me, of course, because I *never* do anything bad. What my brothers like to do is make a GIANT racket when Mom is in the shower, noisy enough that she thinks Norman Bates is in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh! Looks like some kitties aren't gonna be getting treats anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate! Buddy, my senior, has very uncharacteristically peed in unusual places. One was in the middle of the living room on the cardboard scratcher. I'm not sure what that was about. Meanwhile, when Theo wants attention or is not getting his way, he goes into what I call Pest Mode. He'll chomp on anything he can to annoy the human so they pay attention to him. If I'm in the computer he'll try to chew in that. If it's while I'm sleeping, he'll chew on my glasses on the nightstand! Argh!! Thankfully, no one's learned the art of knocking stuff off of shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bwa! Haa!! Haaa!!! We LOVE it! This is just what the cats from hell do!
    Kisses
    Nellie's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! Not the pee and damage. That sucks! But the drawings!!!

    I swear by Odormute for pee-smell removal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I SATURATED that rug with enzymatic odor removal stuff! And he re-peed on the rug 2 more times, which is when I gave up and threw in the towel/threw out the rug!

      Delete
  12. Yikes. You kitties are doing all you can to keep Mom on her toes, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like they all decided to make your morning a little bit more energetic. When my cat was a kitty she always played with my cosmetics and broke it a lot of times. That always made me so mad.

    ReplyDelete